New Platinum Link - ReBootYou

It is both encouraging and discouraging that there are so many boomer blogs and websites. It's encouraging because you know there are needs out there and people are trying to fill them. But then it can be discouraging because there are so many "fluffy" blogs and websites, many of them loaded down with ads, filled with 60s reminiscences or anti-aging beauty tips. Now I have nothing against this sort of thing per se. It's just that I don't think that anybody on their deathbed is ever going to say, "I wish I had reminisced more," or "I wish I had found a better anti-aging cream."

Lest I seem too callous, let me remind you that last week, I recommended the irememberjfk site to you, and about a month ago linked you to a 60s video retrospective. I like that stuff, really I do. But I don't want to get "stuck in the past" as I get older, as so many older folks do. I want to keep pursuing my passions and checking things off my "bucket list."

So when I find someone who is like-minded, such as when I first read Encore: Finding Work that Matters in the Second Half of Life, I get excited and start passing out the 5 star book recommendations and pointing you to their websites. And it happened again yesterday.

Through a rather circuitous set of links and comments, I came across a great new website/blog, Rebootyou. And I use the term "new" advisedly. Because in addition to being very sympatico with my "pursuing your passion" ideals, this site is almost exactly the same age as Platinum Years. Rebootyou founder Lee Callaway began blogging last September, and other than a couple of test blogs in early 2007, I began Platinum Years in earnest with the article, "Let's Roll" on my 61st birthday last November. So I consider him to have a small head start. But hey, he's in his early 70s, so I'll spot him the two months.

Anyway, don't be surprised to see some Rebootyou articles referenced here soon, or perhaps even a guest article or two. Check out Rebootyou and you'll see why. And while you're there, read the "Rebooter Stories" for a healthy dose of inspiration.

Follow our progress, both here at Platinum Years where we try to "Help You Get the Best out of the Rest of Your Life," and at Rebootyou, where they help you in "Getting On With the Next Phase of Your Life."

Rebootyou is already listed as a Platinum Link on our website. What are you waiting for? Go there! - Bob

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Benefits of Delaying Social Security

What if We SAVED Our "Stimulus Package" Checks?

What Have You Done Lately to Pursue Your Dreams?