You Gotta Love The Title!

Here's another book recommendation featured at www.platinum years.net. This is the most motivating book I have ever read on any health topic. Read on to see why:

Younger Next Year: A Guide to Living Like 50 Until You're 80 and Beyond, by Chris Crowley and Henry S. Lodge, M.D. - When seventy year old Chris Crowley first went to see his new doctor, Harry Lodge, Chris found Harry's approach to the medical issues of aging so compelling, and challenging, that before long they were writing this book together. And this book is the first (after many, believe me!) that actually has me exercising and, I must say, feeling much better, and a little lighter.

Basically, Harry's approach is this: There are two things going on in your body - age and decay. Decay you can't do anything about, but it's the more minor of the two - Weaker eyesight, loss of skin tone, frequent trips to the ... need I go on? The big factor is aging, and most of its effects are preventable and even moderately reverseable. I'll leave it to the authors to explain why.

I like the style of this book as well as the content. Chris and Harry go back and forth, with Harry giving the medical explanations and Chris giving the pep talks. For a taste of their writing styles, you can check out their website at http://www.youngernextyear.com/ (but come back here, please, to link to Amazon and order the book :-)

Oh and there's also a Younger Next Year for Women: A Guide to Living Like 50 - Strong, Fit, Sexy - Until You're 80 and Beyond. - I just ordered this for Melanie but I'm going to go out on a limb and recommend it for you ladies. You may notice they added the words "Strong, Fit, Sexy" to the subtitle. Like I wouldn't want to be all three of those?

To order either of these books, from Amazon.com, just click on them under "My Favorites" in the right hand column.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Benefits of Delaying Social Security

What if We SAVED Our "Stimulus Package" Checks?

What Have You Done Lately to Pursue Your Dreams?