WWTPGD (What Would That Platinum Guy Do?)

A few years back, there was a popular movement, especially among Christian teens and 20-somethings, to ask one another, “What Would Jesus Do?” at times of decision. There was even a fad of wearing bracelets with the initials “WWJD?” as a reminder of this standard.

When I started to write Platinum Living, the first words that spilled onto the keyboard were, “I write this book as a challenge. A challenge to you the reader, and to myself as I write this.” That is still my prime motivation as I continue to write, both book and blog.


So I wanted to get this out, in the early stages of blogging, and encourage you that if you take the challenge seriously, you CAN change your life for the better.

On three different occasions this year, I have had situations pop up where I had to make a decision. One of the choices was inside my comfort zone, and the other was outside my comfort zone. And all three times, the thought popped into my head, “What would that Platinum Guy Do?” That may seem strange to you because, after all, aren’t I “that Platinum Guy”?

Well, yes and no. You see, “the Platinum Guy” is my alter ego. Yes he lives here, and he’s very sincere. He means every word he says, but he’s not always in control of the ship. A lot of the time, “Mr. Lazy Self-Centered Guy” has the wheel. And he has some VERY convincing arguments. He has the easier sales job anyway because he’s arguing for the path of least resistance. It’s the Platinum Guy who has to be the motivational speaker.

Sometime down the road I’ll have to share with you some of the Platinum Guy’s more convincing arguments. And I’ve developed quite a few because, as I say, he’s got the tougher job. But so far he’s 3 for 3 in the decisions where I have actually asked, “What Would That Platinum Guy Do?”


I think Mr. Lazy Self-Centered Guy has learned not to ask.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Benefits of Delaying Social Security

What if We SAVED Our "Stimulus Package" Checks?

What Have You Done Lately to Pursue Your Dreams?